Wednesday 18 August 2010

A little bit country and a little bit western

Ah, I'm getting on at the ripe old age of 33, my tastes in life change like coffee, gone are the days of my upbringing drinking International Roast and Nescafe Blend 43, and hello Nesspresso home coffee machine.

Where I notice my tastes changing the most is in fashion - after living in London for a couple of years I admit it, my favourite shop was Topman, I knew what I was getting, it was cheap and it was cool, happy days. Now unfortunately I've come to the realisation that no longer am I able to pull off wearing scrawny jeans and super feminine jumpers and hair cut, I just can't bring myself to do it!

No, but the biggest shock is why I can't help salivate over shops like Rodd & Gunn, Alexander James and Barbour? You know the tweed jackets with leather patches on the sleeves, army green jumpers and expensive flannel shirts, and where the jeans come in two colours, blue and camel.

I just can't understand it, this pull, this attraction I'm having with dressing like a country gentlemen (which I've never been accused of being either), and spending my weekends Bear Grylls style?

It's a mad mad world, but so far I've resisted, but no for too long I don't think!

Enjoy,
C

No comments: