Friday 7 March 2008

FIFA 08

This is really going to show my maturity - but it's my destressor which happens to be a lot of fun at the same time.

Recently I bought FIFA 08 for my PS2 - no I don't have the lasted PS3, but no doubt at some stage I will acquire one. Anyway, it has Clive Tisley and Andy Grey as commentators, and generally their comments fit the scenario and well, make sense.

There are some though that I thought I would share - please note these are loose quotations, but you'll get the idea.

At the start of a cup match Andy Grey at one stage makes the comments "well Clive, I don't know about you, but I think this side will either win it or lose today" - one word, insightful... I wonder when he was at the recording studio and that came out of his mouth what he was thinking at the time -no a bad line mate, not bad at all...?

The other comment I thought I would share with you (although there are a few I'll this short);

Again another cup match between the Gunners and some minnow team Clive says "well on paper this match has already been won", in which Andy replies "I don't know about you, but I've never seen a match won on paper" - what about paper football Clive?

I lied, I just had another one pop into my head - it was a FA match between Chelsea and Arsenal, and Clive says "no other competition in the world could put these two clubs together..." umm... OK then... hmm... What can you say? I love it.

Honestly, I'm not taking the micky out of the developers/programmers/designers, etc... in fact if I have to admit I love it - when they say the right things it gets boring, when it's something that makes them look a bit dumb it's great and I find it quite amusing.


Cheers,
C

No comments: