Tuesday 23 December 2008

SMS you way to better health?

This morning I came into the office, and my colleague Skye dropped a cut out article on my desk which I thought was worth blogging about - I would refer to the article, however he couldn't remember where he got it from?

So my apologies in advance for any referencing not referenced correctly...

As the article goes, health professionals in the UK at music festivals have found that most people who have lost consciousness or suffered various anxiety attacks try and SMS their mates as soon as they were able to,

What research has shown is that the mear fact they are able to SMS anything shows a certain level of consciousness - and this may be one of the tools used to over come crowded hospitals.

For me the most important aspect is the fact that the test is recordable - going way back to my early football days I got knocked out, and the test to make sure I was right to go back on was to answer who was winning? We lost every game that season, so it wasn't a real hard question.

But in an age where people are no longer accepting the word of others as to whether something happened or not, this is irrefutable - using features such as automatic responses so that there is clear communication recorded both ways as a double confirmation if you like.

The article goes on to say that there have been calls for further research and investigation into SMS messaging as a tool for hospitals - the one hitch I guess being is I was under the belief that mobiles couldn't be used in hospitals? Hmm...


If I don't blog again, have a happy and safe Xmas from Esendex Australia....


Cheers,

C


No comments: