Wednesday 18 February 2009

Well, hasn't TV warmed up in the new year here in Oz!

Kicking our evenings off watching fatties run around, cry and bitch about each other during their struggle to lose the pound, whilst I sit there eating my dinner really gets the endorphins going.

Then later at 8:30pm comes Underbelly - which I'm sure is about a pair of boobs, with a few ancillary characters with guns and drugs thrown in for the ladies - you really need to see it to appreciate what I'm saying here :) - although I'm a little surprised that it's on so early, there was nothing like it when I was a kiddy - well, there was Chances, but it's not really in the same ball park.

And then at 9:30pm we get Ladette to Lady - it must have been a toss up for Channel 9 to decide which one went first - until they watched a few minutes into the first episode, and then the decision was made for them.

There's a character in there called Skye, and I must admit every time she's on I think about Skye here in our office - of course our Skye is a bloke - but it does make me giggle.

What i love can be found right at the very beginning, when the girls are on the bus to the school and they stop for a pit stop where Skye can be seen squatting in the middle of the road in front of the bus - she goes on with other shenanigans, has a number of tantrums and general cringe worthy behaviour.

It's not until the very end, during the assessment, where one of the teachers advises Skye that people think she's scum, "Scum" she bites back, quickly replied back from the teacher "yes, scum" - and then Skye rolls her eyes, and is obviously offended.

Its' the offended bit that I like - she does what she wants, behaves fantastically poorly, not bothered about other people but is insulted when she's made aware of it :)

Just great, I love it - and the English gentlemen make me love, ever the opportunists :)

Cheers,
C

No comments: