Tuesday 24 February 2009

Inentions/ideas, always rear their head when people do stuff they don't like dong, and think to themselves "I don't like doing this, it would be better if I could just do this..." and there we have an idea.

Well I had one of those, and I wish someone would come up with the answer - that is if this idea doesn't already exist, because if it does then I'm going to look foolish.

Anyway, I had to make adjustments to an account today, and had to enter in exactly the same information many, mnay times.

That's not my issue, what my issue is that there were two fields of informaiton to enter, so you need to make a choice of which is the longer of the two pieces of info to add to cut and paste that and the other bit you enter in manually.

What I'd like to see is a second hot key, so start off with Ctrl+V and the second one might be Ctrl+D+V - because I looked at my fingers and one hovered naturally over the D key.

I'd also like to see a hot key which converted case - so from lower case to upper case and in reverse, because lord knows I hit the caps Lock often, and regularily have to rewrite what I've typed - but that's a blog for another time.

Cheers,
C

No comments: