Tuesday 12 May 2009

multibolg!!

this is a multiblog - a bit like a multibet, but not as good!

Last night Lisa gave me an idea for a possible invention that removed the potential for men not to get in trouble from their other halves for not paying attention - TIVO for men, which allows us to go back in conversation to pick up things we didn't want to listen to in the first place.

This morning I came into the office the to be greeted by a thank you message from Meri at Vodafone, thanking me for my feedback I gave her eval. She said to me that it was funny that someone who only knew of her last year had more insight about her than people she's worked with for years. - what can I say, I'm perceptive.

Also got an email from our Accountants today regarding property investment, and how the first home buyers grant for new builds is what Australia needs to lead us out of a recession - probably true, probably the fact that hundreds of houses that burnt down recently here in Vic might also help too. But it got me thinking... The grant is great, and the stimulus package was great too - what would have been better is that in times of economic uncertainty most companies generally have a last in first out policy (unless you're over paid, or not very good at your job), and these comments rely on people entering the market, where as the people already in the market are probably better placed to generate the stimulus required. So with that, I would have thought that it would have been a better idea to instead give a new build grant. if you bought a new build over the next 18 months, then the government gave you $10k towards a new house, or $5k towards a new flat/apartment? And maybe a bonus on top for a new build in a remote location?

Going through the forums today, it's easy to see where the shady offshore SMS providers now raising prices sighting increased Telco costs - interesting to see people blaming the Telco's for being greedy?? I wonder how many of them just won't use the service, because they're paying for it?

Saints on a roll! St Kilda by far has the best defense in the universe - according to fictional sources, the US department for defence has contacted the Melbourne based AFL club requesting further information on how to achieve such a tight defense using a fraction of the US budget. A non-existent speaker for the club apparently told the US to let Sam Fisher play loose in the back line!

Skye showed me some photo's of his friend who came first runner up in the Miss Australia Swimware Competition - I wish I could boast that - either the title of the fact she was a friend, whatever.

VAFA requiring clubs have Match Day Managers - basically they are a volunteer from the home club wh0 wears a bright white (as white is) jacket saying Match Day manager. Their role is to speak with umpires, and if they say upset because someone called them a name, the Match day Manager has to go over there and say something like "I know he's a *&*$%$ *%^&^%, but you've hurt his feelings, and would you please refrain from calling him a &$^^ 9(@&#^&? Thank you". Sounds like a top job, book me in, I'd like to do it twice on Saturdays, not!

Some people are stalkers - called a lead today, and the guys was well, uncomfortable talking with me. Some people are short and you expect that, fine, but when I asked what he was looking at using the service for the reply I got back was "I'm really busy....". Strange? I had a look at the trial traffic because I felt it was suspicious only to see that he had been sending an ex-girlfriend (or wannabe girlfriend) messages claiming he was a another guy before revealing his true identity. Fair enough the guy was hurt and like he said he was quite upset when she told him she was not attracted to him, but I'm not sure he thought it through before carrying out his dastardly plan - I mean, making yourself out to be a psycho always wins the ladies over, doesn't it?

On the weekend Skye ran 8km's in over 40 minutes - he claims he ran it, must have been going backwards??

No comments: