Wednesday 13 May 2009

Sense of humour doesn't alway work

I'm glad I'm not a comedian, because I don't think there's anything worse than sliding in a small amount of humour only to get silence coming back through the phone line - the thought of having that amongst a room full of people would be absolutely terrifying!

I slipped in a crack about having to kick the monkey that turns the wheels of my PC today (which is a bit of a dad joke, even though to my knowledge I'm not a dad) and I got donuts!

Each time I speak to this person I forget that she doesn't find me in anyway the least bit amusing, and actually get on better when I display an a-type personality (i.e. none to speak of) - which doesn't do my confidence any good.

luckily I have bundles of the stuff - so much so, that the government has issued a pricing floor on it, so it can only be devalued by a certain amount!

No comments: